Saturday 8 August 2015

How God healed me of lung ailment – Saxophnist, Kunle Ajayi

Miracles abound a plenty. They are evidences of the Almighty God’s wonder working power. As Christians, miracles are meant to build one’s faith and trust in God.
For Pastor Kunle Ajayi, Director of Music at the Redeemed Christian Church of God (RCCG), he is a living testimony of a patient suffering from a lung problem who is today a renowned saxophonist.
In a recent interview with The Nation, Ajayi reveals that the miraculous healing of his lungs led him to play the saxophone.  Since twenty nine years, Ajayi has been playing the musical instrument  due the promise he made to God.
Hear him: “I started playing saxophone around 1984/85 because I had a lung problem and the Lord healed me of that disease. This made me promise Him that if He heals me, I’ll blow for Him.
“I have a message to the people that this is what the Lord has done for me. I’ve a message to the people because he has given me beyond what I imagined even what I asked for. I give Him all the glory.”
The lung problem made him feel he might not live for long. “I never thought I would be 20, 30 or even 40 years and God has taken me beyond what I imagined, “he recalled.
Since then, the 1997 RCCG ordained cleric has continually blown the saxophone, leading people in heart rending worship. His dexterity with the sax pitches him among the best saxophonist in the country.
Speaking on the rumoured exit from RCCG, Ajayi has this to say: “I don’t know about that. I’m still in RCCG by the grace of God and I’m the music director.”
Recognising the power of gospel music, the cleric says: “God can use gospel music to effect changes. The gospel musician can have impact in the life of the people and even when the younger people see their light.
“I think gospel music has a lot to do. Put a gospel music artiste somewhere with lot of instruments and you’ll see people will gather round him. We should start with schools, not just shows that will fetch us money. We should invest our money and time in all these. By the grace of God, the government will hear us and listen to us.”
Ajayi advises gospel musicians to lead a holy life devoid of pride. “My advice to gospel musicians is that we should remain in God’s presence.
“We should live a holy life and we should run away from money and pride because these things destroy. We need to humble ourselves.”
Instead of exhibiting pride, Ajayi admonishes artistes of gospel genre to remain humble despite their achievements.
“A lot of artistes when we started playing or release one album and it sells a few thousands, they become their gods.
“We should humble ourselves. The Bible says the love of money is the beginning of evil. If we know these two keys and rely on God’s grace, we would go places,” Ajayi says.
If death comes knocking, Ajayi says he is a fulfilled man having lived thus far: “Even if I die now, I’m fulfilled because the Lord has kept me alive.”

No comments: