Saturday 8 August 2015

"GOD THE WORSHIP LEADER" BY REV. VICTOR ATENAGA

Worship is the act of showing reverence to God for who he is.
One day I was in God’s presence as my custom was for several hours studying and worshiping. From my experience, I could tell this presence was not going to diminish but increase. The manifestation of God in my bedroom was so real that I could almost physically handle it. I saw the beauty of His presence and I began to tell Him “Jesus you are beautiful”
Under that effulgent presence I will kneel down, lie on the floor, stand up and kept going on in such circle.
In my experience as a worship leader, from time to time, without the sense of religion I would have a pull in my spirit to do something like raise my hand or any of those acts of worship. Any time, I did in obedience; I discovered that there will be an increase in the flow of the manifest presence of God and glory rise.
Another clear example is an experience I began to have at the early days of my worship leading in church; I will make a list of songs and have everything planned out. The syncopations, transpositions and modulations all intact but will get something different as the leading in my spirit to do. I will usually lose my peace until I make that move and as I do, there will be a change in the atmosphere and the degree of flow the audience catches up with.
In my indulgences, I began to realize that after all, I am really not in charge, I am only a vessel by which God expresses Himself and reaches out to His people with blessings. Yes I could come out of love to bring Him an offering in songs, but He conducts the flow.
What a privilege!
By this, I started learning how to depend on the Holy Spirit for all my worship and ministerial engagements and the testimonies has only but increased from level to level.
When we worship, we sing God’s word back to Him.
Singing is defined as the act of making music through lyrics.
What differentiates gospel music from any other is usually their lyrics.
And what differentiate a worship song from any other kind of gospel song, is the lyrics as well.
When we worship, we sing God’s word back to Him.
Who reveals His word to you,? God (The Holy Spirit)
“…the Spirit of truth shall teach you all things…” John 14:26
It is the volume of the word you have that determines the depth of your worship.
Your spiritual experience cannot be solid without an encounter with the Holy Spirit. This is what births the fellowship with the father and that simply is the true definition of worship.
Worship is not just a combination of two words but unification of two acts that translates into one worthy meaning. Worth and Ship: Worth discovered and expressed out of a relationship experienced.
Worship
So the less you know of God the lesser the strength of your worship.
God is the self revealing One – Jehovah
What you know of him is only what he reveals to you or that you can grasp.
Worship is beyond singing. It is the act of singing the kind of song God loves and want to hear at the moment.
One day I was to lead in worship and I planned the process at home before coming, step by step line by line. I got to church and was following my script all the way. As I did, I found out that the flow was minimal. I kept putting pressure thinking it will change as I have seen at different other time. The more I pushed, the more it weighed me down. And the Holy Spirit asked me, when are you going to follow my lead? So, I humbled myself and followed. When I did, within the next one minute, the atmosphere changed and the presence of God was so strong that the service almost ended with the session. I handed over the microphone to the pastor but he struggled for almost one hour to continue.
It is only the Spirit that can tell what is in the mind of God so follow him.
“…knoweth what is in the minid of the Spirit…” Romans 8:27
Worship is singing to God about who He is.
In order to lead worship with grace, you need to have a personal relationship with the Father so it can play out in your normal worship leading experience. This is what they call the anointing. When the value of your relationship with God is evident in your ministry. This only happens by relationship.
I will continue next week same day and time on how you can enjoy a fantastic relationship with the Holy Spirit.
With the consciousness that to lead in worship is not same as song leading, we must lead them in the direction of Gods desire thereby conducting a session where the people can experience an unforgettable experience.
Dear #theworshipleader I like the concert feeling but only spiritual encounter combined with the entertainment of musical combo can give that special feeling.

No comments: